RFC: Wine Icons

Branan Riley branan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:11:47 CST 2008

> I totally agree. Of course hardcoding visuals isn't nearly so cool as
> doing them "properly", but right now that's what we've got - and these
> hardcoded visuals are even being "upgraded", so if they're being
> upgraded then wouldn't it be better to upgrade in the direction of some
> kind of a standard?
>
> At least in the past the visuals sort-of looked consistent with Windows
> 98. Now they don't look consistent with anything. Don't get me wrong:
> the new icons I see aren't specially bad - it's just that they don't fit
> with anything else.
>
> I wonder if we can fix this.
>
> Best Regards
> Joel Holdsworth

I don't have any problems with Tango in the short-term - Wine doesn't
match my desktop anyway. I just don't want to see a huge amount of
effort get put into it if a theming system is going to be put in
place.

But since the icons are being replaced anyway, I agree that using an
already-existing icon set makes way more sense than creating all-new
icons.

Branan

*sigh* the GMAIL web interface makes mailing lists such a pain. Sorry
for getting this to you twice again, joel