Add wtmpnam to msvcrt.dll

Dan Kegel dank at
Fri Nov 21 10:12:25 CST 2008

Hi Tim, welcome to Wine!

> A diff (relative to wine-1.1.8/dlls/msvcrt/file.c) is attached.

Whoops, you attached the undiffed file!

> I did not even get as far as successfully building it to test it

Ah.  Such patches usually get attached to bug reports
in bugzilla or sent to wine-devel.  wine-patches is
for tested and known working patches.

> I'd be happy to do a test build (assuming I can successfully
> install the dependencies)

That should be easy, see

> if MSVCRT_tmpname gets initialized, where does that occur?

It gets initialized by tmpnam().   Presumably _wtmpnam()
will need its own static buffer.

Also, please be sure to write a conformance test
(see )
for your change!

p.s. The MSDN doc for this, FWIW, is at