Regarding ./configure file

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 12:33:21 CST 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Massimo Del Fedele wrote:

> I've looked into configure and configure.ac and I've seen that configure
> is quite more recent than configure.ac.... and it seems to have been
> changed manually. Am I wrong ?

Yes. configure is really not a file that anyone would want to modify
manually. It may be regenerated alone from time to time to update it to
newer versions of autoconf, but it's definitely not modified manually.

 The greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the
  programmer rested. We've been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since.
                      Moral: design before you implement.