Regarding ./configure file

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Sat Nov 22 10:12:51 CST 2008

On Fr, 2008-11-21 at 10:57 -0800, Juan Lang wrote:

> > I thought that if you want to add anything to wine you:
> >
> > 1 - simply add it to git
> > 2 - ./tools/make_makefiles
> > 3 - autoconf
> > 4 - ./configure
> > 5 - make depend && make
> >
> > Is this wrong?
>
> Yes.  On occasion we need to add or improve checks for different
> libraries.  tools/make_makefiles is used to add new code to Wine,
> configure.ac is modified to add new configure checks.

When a new directory was added to Wine (git-update-index --add
*/Makefile.in), then configure.ac is updated by make_makefiles

The Makefile has a rule to rebuild configure, when configure.ac changed
The Makefile has a rule to rerun config.status, when configure changed
(That will rerun configure / rebuild the Makefiles)

So in the line 3 above is only present to reduce the total time.

--

By by ... Detlef