RFC: Proposed new web site design
brian.vincent at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:59:12 CST 2008
- I like it.
- I agree that there should be a very short description of what Wine does.
Probably summarizing it in 2 sentences or so where the "Run Windows
Everywhere" currently is. Something like, "Run Windows applications on
Linux and OS X without installing Windows. Wine is a compatibility layer
for running Windows programs."
- The icons next to "Information", "Help", and "Donate" are ok. The icon
for Download doesn't seem as eye-catching, but the icon for Development
seems a little wonky. No, I'm not going to offer any better suggestions.
- I don't mind secondary scroll bars. For the haters, maybe show the
current news for 4 seconds, and then start it automatically scrolling down?
- Can, or should, WineHQ take over the wiki from Dimi? This might be a good
- I don't know which search terms people use to find Wine, but this sounds
like a good chance to do some search engine optimization.
- Currently if you go to the wiki, you can navigate back to WineHQ, AppDB,
Forums, etc on the left. The sample doesn't have that.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the wine-devel