Icons as cursors patch

Andrew Riedi andrewriedi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:35:54 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:04 AM, Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>> Isn't this already covered in the cursoricon tests?
> I don't think so. That test would be marked TODO_WINE in that case, so your
> patch would cause a test failure(unexpected success). If that test wasn't
> marked todo the behavior your patch adds would be implemented already.

A patch I sent in recently (attached for convenience) should let Wine
know that it is dealing with a cursor loaded from an .ico.  After this
gets commited, then we can see where the hotspot should be for such a
cursor (after Wine knows about it internally.)  If I recall correctly,
GetIconInfo() returns (width/2, height/2) for the hotspot of all
.ico's.  I will write a test for this.

Even so, the cursor hotspot returned by GetIconInfo() might very will
be different from what Win32 actually uses when drawing the cursor, so
I will have to write another interactive test for this so I can see
what Win32 actually does.  The interactive test, unless specifically
asked for, I probably won't send in because it is impossible to
automate.  (Just check manually by clicking on stuff where the hotspot
of a cursor loaded from a .ico is. - Hopefully this will match
GetIconInfo() behavior, or at least use (0,0).)

Krzysztof: Please test the attached patch against your program/game to
see what, if anything, it does to fix this issue.

--
Andrew Riedi