Fw: selinux in fedora 10 regarding text relocation in wine and mono.

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 30 13:24:43 CST 2008

Hi all,

I had managed to fix my selinux/wine/mono problem in fedora 10... it is actually two issues, in fact:

1) fedora 10 ships some much stricter selinux policies (but make some exception for wine).

2) I have kernel support for miscellaneous binary formats
enabled and have win32 PE registration in the kernel, and run
win32 mono.exe (or other PE executables) direct from time to time.

so "wine [path]/mono.exe [.NET.exe]" works within the restriction of f10 selinux policies, but "[path]/mono.exe [.NET.exe]" does not. I could either relax the "execmod" policy in selinux, if I want to run any PE .exe's wholesale; or I just need to remember always putting "wine" in front of PE .exe's I want to run...

Sorry for the noise.