Sound regression (in Warcraft III)

Reece Dunn msclrhd at
Sun Nov 30 16:04:34 CST 2008

2008/11/30 Adam Petaccia <adam at>:
> Maarten, could you look at
> as you're the author of 717df5b2972b3cb998ca5a43279ae2283b117eaa? I
> tried adding you as CC but bugzilla complained.

You may be interested in
In a fairly recent git (post 1.1.9) that patch has been reverted, with
an additional change to the way that the delay is calculated (as per
discussions on IRC). That fixes the issue in some situations, but not
others (I suspect that this is when using a non-pulseaudio ALSA

With pulseaudio 0.9.10, there is an additional issue where you need to
set period_time to 22000 in wodOpen. This fix was found by ernst on
IRC several days ago, but no patch was sent so I have submitted one.

There is also apparently an issue with pulseaudio 0.9.13 that hasn't
been addressed yet (identified by ernst as well on IRC).

- Reece