Wine PulseAudio Driver

Arthur Taylor theycallhimart at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 05:42:39 CDT 2008

I have put a newer patch in bugzilla:
http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=16412&action=edit
Currently I am looking for any feedback at all. Should I send a message
to wine-patches as well?

> 2.  We ought to be able to use PulseAudio's ALSA emulation.  If that
> doesn't work, then either our ALSA driver should be fixed, or
> PulseAudio's ALSA interface should be fixed.

IMHO this is a situation were it makes more sense to use pulse's native
API over going through ALSA's, as we aren't just trying to join
ALSA-pulse, we are trying to join WaveOut-ALSA-pulse (or even dsound on
top of waveout.) Currently I can match the alsa driver's perceptive
quality (buzz word) on my system using this code, dsound and all. By far
beats the current ALSA-pulse or ESD solutions.

Thanks
- Art