Wine PulseAudio Driver

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:16:41 CDT 2008

> Humm, I can see splitting the changes to configure.ac and Makefile.in,
> but as for splitting the rest of it, should I split it per-file?

No.  Patches should be split along functional lines.  E.g.,
patch 1: add stub driver
patch 2: add small feature x to driver
patch 3: add small feature y to driver
patch 4: add pulseaudio option to winecfg

> I'm looking for instances where the patch falls on its face so I can fix
> them (where falling on it's face is defined as)
> - Crashing / stalling an app
> - Crashing the PA server
> - Continual stuttering or no audio.

Ah.  For that I expect you'll need to solicit a wider audience.  I
don't actually use Wine for all that much, hacking on it is my hobby.
You might build it and ask for users at wine-users to give feedback,
just as a thought.

> I'm also looking for comments on the code. Is it sane, are the variable
> names okay? Are there functions I should divide / join?

That's much harder to do until you've split up your driver a lot more.
--Juan