richedit: Show arrow cursor over scrollbar. (Fixes bug 15334)

Dylan Smith dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 00:52:50 CDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Dylan Smith <dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com>wrote:

> Implemented the code to check for this condition in the function that
> handles WM_SETCURSOR.  For each scrollbar I checked for visibility and
> checked the MessagePos to see if the mouse was over the scrollbar.
> ---
>  dlls/riched20/editor.c |   19 +++++++++++++++++++

This fix works alright in Wine, but I found out that it wasn't working when
I cross-compiled riched20.dll and wordpad and then ran it on Windows XP.  It
seems as if GetScrollBarInfo was returning a SCROLLBARINFO struct with an
rcScrollBar RECT in client coordinates in Wine and in screen coordinates in
Windows XP.

This underlying problem should be fixed first before fixing richedit.  Later
this patch would be modified to move the call to ScreenToClient after the
check to see if the position is within the scrollbars, which I found fixes
the problem on Windows.