Layered windows required to support Clippy properly?

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 08:46:34 CDT 2008

--- On Sat, 4/10/08, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
<snipped>
> I'm getting the feeling it's widespread.  Anyone
> else
> know of examples of apps that Wine displays poorly
> because of the lack of this feature?
> - Dan

I have a .NET2 application which has pull-down menu's that doesn't pull-down
with native .NET2 but does with win32 mono. (and the pull-down menu does not work under mono even though it gets pulled-down). On the console,
mono outputs something about layered windows. With native .net2, clicking on
the top of the menu does nothing.

The menu-behavior of the application is somewhat curious - under mono all the menu's can be pulled-down but clicking on items mostly does nothing; under native .net2, *some* menu's can be pulled-down - those that don't have sub-menu's, I think.

Maybe somebody can write a quick .net apps to demostrate this....