Wineconf follow up: Wine Usage Data Collection

Chris Ahrendt celticht32 at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 14:14:35 CDT 2008

Juan Lang wrote:
>> Off hand:
>> distribution name/version
>> kernel version
>> lspci
>> graphics driver
>> gcc version
>
> Those strike me as a pretty large set, and perhaps more than people
> want to divulge.  If they're having problems, with, say, graphics
> drivers or kernels, hopefully bugzilla will tell us that.  I think
> we're more curious about the apps people are running.  Do we really
> need everything else?
> --Juan

I think we do Juan..
reason being is that information is not always captured when people put
things into bugzilla..  if we had a way that its entered initially (if
we could gather it automagically)  then have them attach the file  when
they do a bugzilla that might work a little better...

this of course is just my opinion...

chris