Need help with the quartz filtermapper tests

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:31:20 CDT 2008

Hi Alexander,

my recent patch to improve the GUIDs generated by rpcrt4[1] causes a
failure in the quartz filtermapper tests.  Specifically, I get the
following error:
 quartz:filtermapper.c:142: Test failed: EnumMatchingFilters failed to
return the test filter 2
The trouble is, I can't imagine how changing a generated GUID from one
random sequence of bytes to another random sequence of bytes should
cause this to fail.  On Dan's suggestion, I inserted a Sleep(2000); in
UuidCreate, and that causes the tests to pass once again.  So, I
suspect there's a race condition somewhere in quartz or the tests.

I really know nothing at all about what quartz does or what the tests
are trying to verify.  Might you be able to shed some insight?

Thanks,
--Juan

[1]: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-October/062833.html