Re[1] [user32: 2/2] Testcase for font size = 0x7fff

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Sat Oct 11 07:28:27 CDT 2008

"Koro" <webmaster at korosoft.net> wrote:

>> Is there a Windows version where CreateDialogIndirectParam fails?
>
> It's not supposed to fail in Windows using the template that is passed
> to it. But it fails in WINE without my patch.

Then you shouldn't mark it as broken(), or expect a failure, but
either send the fix 1st, or mark this as todo_wine.

>> What exactly this code is supposed to test? So far it doesn't test
>> anything related to the font size.
>
> As I said in part 1 on my patch, there is a "special case" for dialog
> templates where "font height" is 0x7fff.

Then you need to test the resulting font attributes to see if they
match the message box font. I'd suggest to make sure that the test
gets committed first, and only then try to make it pass.

Also, is there a real world application that uses that undocumented
feature?

--
Dmitry.