Re[3] [user32: 2/2] Testcase for font size = 0x7fff

Koro webmaster at korosoft.net
Sat Oct 11 18:16:53 CDT 2008

> Then you shouldn't mark it as broken(), or expect a failure, but
> either send the fix 1st, or mark this as todo_wine.

I actually sent the fix first, but somehow, (at least if I rely on the
newsgroup) it ended up appearing a lot later than this actual test case.

As for the broken() and ok() I must admit it was my first test case, so
I tried to look at the other functions and do the same, I may have been
totally wrong. If you could enlighten me on proper broken/ok use, i'd be
happy.

> Then you need to test the resulting font attributes to see if they
> match the message box font. I'd suggest to make sure that the test
> gets committed first, and only then try to make it pass.

I shall do that then (after this one gets commited, as per your suggestion).

> Also, is there a real world application that uses that undocumented
> feature?

I wrote one this summer (http://www.korosoft.net/projects/tdemu/). In
fact, this is what made me find that bug in WINE pretty quick. Since it
emulates functionality akin to a message box, it's only logical that it
uses the message box font.