Try #2 IDirectDraw_CreateSurface Failure on WINE test in dsurface.c code

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 14 17:45:56 CDT 2008

I put the list back on CC because someone there might know about the
drmMap problem.

Am Dienstag, den 14.10.2008, 15:30 -0700 schrieb chris ahrendt:
> > PS: From the attachments of Chris' mail, one can get the following
> > information: The environment we are currently talking about is Wine on
> > Linux, an ATI FireGL 5200 graphics board driven by the closed source
> > driver, and somehow broken DRM.
>
> Broken DRM?
Yes. This shouldn't appear in your log if DRM is working:
| libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed (Cannot allocate memory)
| libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

This might be caused by wine blocking the address space used for kernel
addresses in real windows, or it might be a misconfiguration or
installation problem of the ATI driver. Cross-checking with glxgears is
recommended.

But even if non-functional DRM causes CreateSurface to fail you are
right that the testcase should handle that.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher