wine users forum registration issue

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 02:36:06 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 18:25:19 Andreas Mohr wrote:

> This is now about the 30th time (no, REALLY, this __IS__ the 30th time,
> or possibly even 50th!) that someone has severe issues with WineHQ
> forum registration, in the last 12 or so months.
> Could someone _please_ finally do something practical about it?

Given that most people on this list don't seem to use the forum and thus don't
notice, how about the people who actually use the forum get together and
figure out a way to make it work? Alternatively, as was suggested before, we
could ditch the forums and point people to the google groups interface for
the wine-users list.

> Doing severe cross-posting to make sure this does get noticed, thanks.

Have a cookie. Don't know why CCing wine-patches should help, unless you want
patchwatcher to notice.

> (I should be doing entirely different things ATM, but I simply cannot
> let this huge usability and mailbox clogging issue linger any longer,
> thus I'm escalating it, sorry)

Right. So the forum software is broken, and all of the Wine devs would rather
fix Wine than the forums? Sounds like a good case for ditching the forums.

Kai

--
Kai Blin
WorldForge developer  http://www.worldforge.org/