Wine does not compile using Ubuntu real-time kernel

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 14:20:26 CDT 2008

>On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Susan Cragin wrote:
>> I guess this is a FYI. Because this seems to be a rt-kernel issue, not a wine issue.
>> Background -- Ubuntu stopped sponsoring the RT kernel for a while. (It used to compile wine without a problem.) But so many people used it that they started sponsoring it again, after a lag.
>> DNS10 doesn't install correctly using the real-time kernel either.
>> However, if you compile and install using standard kernel, DNS10 runs quite nicely using the RT kernel.
>>
>> 2.6.27-7 is the latest standard kernel
>> 2.6.27-3-rt is the latest real-time
>>
>> If there is any interest I'll send terminal output.
>>
>> Susan

>It doesn't compile, or doesn't run well?
>
>--
>-Austin

It doesn't compile. I tried, no luck.
Then rebooted into standard kernel and compiled. That worked.
Then rebooted into RT. Winecfg ran OK, so tried to install DNS10. No luck.
Then rebooted into standard and installed DNS. That worked.
Then rebooted into RT. Ran DNS10.  That worked.
BTW -- I use Intrepid.