My xinput implementation please test, plus I am getting segfault with spore

Andrew Fenn andrewfenn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 14:13:08 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I am getting a segfault with the release version of Spore (I didn't
test 1.1) right after my code implementation of xinput is handled by
the game. Is there something I am doing wrong here or is it the game?
I also tested Assasin's Creed which uses xinput1_3 and that happens to
load my implementation fine and my test cases work on windows xp SP3
too.

I have included my patches for the xinput implementation. If you could
help me test and find out the spore problem before I submit this to
wine patches it would be very helpful.

I have included test cases with the patch. When testing please make
sure that you don't have any xinput dlls in your program dir or
system32. A list of xinput games can be found here,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XInput_games

Thanks and regards,
Andrew