winecfg - great job!

Eric Anopolsky erpo41 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 16:33:32 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 17:07 +0000, wineappdb wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:44:54 -0600
> Eric Anopolsky <erpo41 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can say something like, "Diablo II will not run fullscreen on my
> > computer. You have to set it to use an emulated desktop before you
> > launch it or it will crash. You can do that using the 'Configure Wine'
> > program on the 'Wine' menu," to my non-Linux-using girlfriend and she
> > can figure out how to run Diablo II without additional help, and without
> > knowing anything ahead of time about emulated desktops. It's just a
> > checkbox and it just works.
>

> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=49

Thanks, but it's not a wine bug. The problem is that xrandr doesn't
think 640x480 and 800x600 are valid modes on my laptop so when I launch
Diablo II I get a dialog box that says:

Title: "Diablo II Critical Error"
Message: "Error 25: A critical error has occurred while initializing
Direct3D."

I'm sure this will get fixed eventually.

Thanks,
Eric