My xinput implementation please test, plus I am getting segfault with spore

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:20:21 CDT 2008

2008/10/28 Andrew Fenn <andrewfenn at gmail.com>:
> Also I managed to find out why spore was crashing too. Thank you for
> replying (I thought the email never arrived). I didn't put any
Just noticed the mail is 3 days old. It probably went through
moderation because the patches are relatively large.

> If you find and error with those patches please let me know.

Most problems are fixed there, but these are still there:

>> +        ok(result != ERROR_BAD_ARGUMENTS, "XInputGetState failed with (%d)\n", result);
> Writing the test like means the test will succeed if the call fails
> with a return code other than ERROR_BAD_ARGUMENTS . It would be better
> to use "result == ERROR_SUCCESS || result ==
> ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED" instead.

>> + * The Wine project - Xinput Joystick Library
>> -#define COBJMACROS
>> -
> If you don't want this, you shouldn't add it in your first patch,
> rather than removing it in the second patch.
Note that this also goes for the change to dlls/xinput9_1_0/version.rc

> - You should add a prototype for XInputGetState() to xinput.h
> - Try to be a bit more consistent with in your style. eg.:
>> +    for(controllerNum=0; controllerNum < 4; controllerNum++) {
> vs.
>> +    if (hXinput)
>> +    {

Since the second patch is relatively large, it might be worth it to
split in three parts, one for the header, one for the implementation,
and one for the test.