xrandr unsupported video modes [was: Re: winecfg - great job!]

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 09:47:42 CDT 2008

On 28.10.2008 22:33, Eric Anopolsky wrote:
> Thanks, but it's not a wine bug. The problem is that xrandr doesn't
> think 640x480 and 800x600 are valid modes on my laptop so when I launch
> Diablo II I get a dialog box that says:

I guess technically it would be possible to emulate the modes. I recall
that DirectDraw/Wine actually uses OpenGL as a backend, so just
stretching up to a higher resolution would be trivial (though not it may
not necessarily look good to everyone).

Anyhow, all that should probably go into a bug report if it's perceived
as an issue Wine should deal with ...

-f.r.