Implementing textures functions of d3dx using an extern library.

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Tue Sep 2 03:59:47 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Jérôme Gardou <jerome.gardou at> wrote:
> FreeImage : Quite easy to use, the only files not supported are DIB and
> PFM... Not so widely represented. I had to recompile it, as packages for it
> are not available for 32 bits. (I use a 64 bits ubuntu system).

I think this is going to be a show stopper. If we are going to add
more external dependencies, we need them to be pretty common.

> Here is an implementation of D3DXGetImageInfoFromFileInMemory using
> FreeImage.
> Suggestions and comments are welcomed.

Also you need to add a configure check for the header and the like.

Steven Edwards