Repeated messages (was Re: Adding Flawfinder to Patchwatcher)

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 3 05:36:48 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 07:33, Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo
>
> <mle+win at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> > Austin English wrote:
> >> I had a discussion with Dan about adding Flawfinder to the
> >> patchwatcher.
> >
> > Is anyone else getting multiple copies of this message? I seem
> > to be getting one every 10-20 minutes.
> >
> > A quick scan of the email headers suggests that this is getting
> > resent from within the Gmail system. Each duplicate has a received
> > line like:

> >        for <wine-devel at winehq.org>; Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:50:50 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> > with a unique SMTP id.
> >
> > Erik
> > --
> > Erik de Castro Lopo
> > Beware the Lollipop of Mediocrity.
> > Lick it once, and you suck forever.
>
> I received a few messages telling me it didn't go through, then after
> a few days it did. I didn't resend it at all though...
>
> -Austin

Which probably accounts for it arriving en masse.  And if that behaviour was
repeated once or or more ...

Wesley Parish

-----
Gaul is quartered into three halves.  Things which are
impossible are equal to each other.  Guerrilla
warfare means up to their monkey tricks.
Extracts from "Schoolboy Howlers" - the collective wisdom
of the foolish.
-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?