ntdll/file: Add sub-second resolution to NtQueryInformationFile

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 05:59:04 CDT 2008

Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
>
>> On So, 2008-08-17 at 19:03 +0200, Michael Karcher wrote:
>>> ---
>>>  configure           |  303
>>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>> You should never include autogenerated code in a Patch.
>
> How do you do that with Git?
>
> When I modify configure.ac I do a local commit of configure.ac and
> configure, since they are a single changeset. But then when I use
That is not really a single changeset. Not logically (one a real change
the other an autogenerated one) nor technically as both files can be
modified independently without breaking the compile of Wine.

> git-format-patch to prepare the email to wine-patches, both configure.ac
> and configure get included in that email.
>
> So do you then edit the email that got prepared by git-format-patch? Do
> you do two local commits (seems like a pain and ugly)?
Two commits is easier and cleaner imho. You don't have to edit the patch
before sending and it's easier to rebase on upstream after Alexandre
committed your patches. The configure patch you can then just "git
rebase --skip". Hmm ... actually you can do the same with the combined
patch too. Though the configure patch can have a nice commit message
that makes it visually easy to see that you can safely skip the patch
without loosing anything. With the combined patch one would have to
check that really only the configure part conflicted (Alexandre might
have edited the configure.ac part).

bye
	michael