crypt32: fixed the testGetCertChain tests on Vista.

James Hawkins truiken at
Sun Sep 7 18:30:00 CDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Reece Dunn <msclrhd at> wrote:
> This fixes these crypt32:chain testGetCertChain tests on Vista and Windows 2008.

-    ok(!ret && GetLastError() == ERROR_INVALID_DATA,
-     "Expected ERROR_INVALID_DATA, got %d\n", GetLastError());
+    ok(!ret, "Expected CertGetCertificateChain to fail\n");
+    ok(GetLastError() == ERROR_INVALID_DATA ||
+       GetLastError() == CRYPT_E_ASN1_BADTAG /* Vista/win2k8 */,

I'm not NACK'ing this patch, but for future reference, please put
comments *after* the comma or logical OR marker, and each system
condition should be on its own line.  I've seen this in several
patches recently.  While it's syntactically OK, it looks wrong and
there's no need for everyone to have to play Find The Comma.  Yes
there are other places in the code where this happens, but that
doesn't make it correct or preferable.  For example, the following is
significantly easier to read:

    ok(result == ERROR_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL ||
        result == ERROR_INVALID_USER_BUFFER || /* win98 */
        result == ERROR_INVALID_DATA, /* Vista */
        "Expected ERROR_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL, got %08d\n", result);

    ok(result == ERROR_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL || result ==
/* Vista */,  "Expected ERROR_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL, got %08d\n", result);

James Hawkins