dsound: fix a few failing tests and a crash on 2008

Jeff Zaroyko jeffzaroyko at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 07:35:48 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Paul Vriens <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff Zaroyko wrote:

> I found more or less the same thing for Vista a few days ago. Doing a
> IDirectSoundBuffer_Release sets the reference counter to zero but doesn't
> clear secondary. Is this something worthwhile to add a comment for (or a
> test)? It does seem important as it's a change of behavior starting with
> Vista?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

I've tested this on 95, 2003 and 2008 none of them appear to clear
secondary on Release.

The crash occurs on 2008 when the tests that are expected to fail on
other platforms succeed, since secondary is not NULL in the next check
to see if the buffer needs to be released it attempts to release an
already released buffer.  Initializing secondary to NULL before each
test gives some consistency.  I don't think any further comment or
test case is necessary.

Jeff