user32.dll: Implementation for LockWorkStation() based on xdg-screensaver

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 10:55:10 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Paul Chitescu <paulc at voip.null.ro> wrote:
> Changelog:
>        user32.dll: Implementation for LockWorkStation() based on
> xdg-screensaver
>
> Thanks to Steven Edwards (winehacker at gmail.com) for the idea of
> using "xdg-screensaver lock".

When I submitted the patch before, Alexandre and I discussed this both
on and off list, I think there is another thread somewhere regarding
it and I think he wanted it in explorer because of applications
running in Desktop mode. I think the right behavior is to send a
message to Explorer and if a wine application is not running in
desktop mode then to invoke the xdg-screensaver, otherwise we should
stub out or load a windows style screensaver in the emulated desktop.

--
Steven Edwards