Patchwatcher security improvements

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Wed Sep 10 07:02:57 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> This seems like an almost perfect task for a virtual machine:
> ... The main issue I see with
> this is that the OpenGL / DirectSound tests will not run on the real
> hardware (as usual)

I just came off a project (Zumastor) which used a virtual
machine in its test loop as you suggest.   We ended up
using qemu because kvm was too broken at the time.
The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth,
so I'm pushing ahead with a more lightweight approach
to be able to make progress on the key problem.

If somebody wants to run patchwatcher inside VMs, great,
that's definitely a safe way to go, and events might push us
in that direction someday.