Debugging Wine thoughts

celticht32 at celticht32 at
Wed Sep 10 13:20:17 CDT 2008

 Exactly my thoughts....? and might make things a little easier for new people coming in...? But I don't know if it can be done
once the trace has started...? I do know that +relay intermixes its output with a thread id in it... so there would be some need
to say once a new thread starts... do you want to trace that thread etc.... Is what I am asking doable? or is it a 'pipe' (snicker)
dream..... (hey it was there and I had to use it)

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Hitter <mah at>
To: celticht32 at
Cc: dank at; wine-devel at
Sent: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:37 pm
Subject: Re: Debugging Wine thoughts

Am 10.09.2008 um 17:16 schrieb celticht32 at

> 2) A way to select? the debug flags used with an explanation of > what each is for... +sed is for this +relay does that...etc....???

> 3) When you do +relay you could open separate output windows for > each thread?

> 4) The ability to turn each of the +relay wine thread output on or > off...?

Sounds like you have a tool in mind to switch tracing flags on and off while the app is running in Wine. That would be awesome.?

A GUI has not only the advantage of being more attractive, it also shows/documents the available switches and (hopefully) tracks them.?

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter?