[setupapi/tests] Fix a failure on Windows 2000

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 01:14:41 CDT 2008

James Hawkins wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Paul Vriens
> <paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> W2K doesn't fail with ERROR_INVALID_NAME but with ERROR_GENERAL_SYNTAX
>> (setupapi
>> error).
>>

> That error was added for a reason; it was seen on a win2k box.  Please
> don't remove it.

Ok, don't apply my patch.

The strange thing is that W2K appears to use 2 different failures but also on
the same system!? (I checked the current data and the old-data on
tests.winehq.org for this). FWIW, I even saw some W2K boxes return
ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND.

I'll sent another one but will wait till after your other setupapi patch is applied.

--
Cheers,

Paul.