howto fix bug 13462

Louis. Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at
Sun Sep 14 03:18:41 CDT 2008

Hi, we've been discussing in bug 13462 howto fix that bug, but in short i think we lack knowledge of how this should properly be fixed, and Erich suggested to take this to wine-devel.

I did some testing and this is a major bug, preventing the following apps from working: CDBurner XP, XML Notepad2007, Nasa WorldWind, FX_Composer(nvidia), Ninja Trader and probably a lot more .net applications.

I fixed up a patch  here, that lets the applications start fine, but i haven't got a clue if it's correct, and Erich said it probably isn't correct, so my question is: Does anyone of the developers (on ole32) have suggestions how to fix this bug properly?
More info at