Implementing d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXCreateTexture

Christoph Brill egore911 at egore911.de
Mon Sep 15 18:20:38 CDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm trying to get a DirectX model viewer[1] to run. Using wine 1.1.4 it
is possible to lauch because d3dx9_36.dll exists but a method
(CreateTexture) of it is stubbed out. I started looking for details on
this and came up with this MSDN link[2]. Looking at the code I found
that this method is already implemented in the core d3d9 library in
dlls/d3d9/texture.c. From what I understand a forward to this function
should be enough to get this method to work since the parameters seem to
match (except the last parameter in the core d3d9 (HANDLE*
pSharedHandle) does not exist in the MSDN definition).

Can someone please comment if my thoughts are right here?

Thanks,
  Christoph

[1] http://www.teamxtcgames.com/3d_object_viewer.htm
[2] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb172800(VS.85).aspx