Implementing d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXCreateTexture

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at
Tue Sep 16 02:20:59 CDT 2008

For basic operation just forwarding to the d3d9 CreateTexture call should work fine but note the following:
"Internally, D3DXCreateTexture uses D3DXCheckTextureRequirements to adjust the calling parameters. Therefore, calls to D3DXCreateTexture will often succeed where calls to IDirect3DDevice9::CreateTexture would fail."

As a start I wouldn't add that behavior but add a comment that the function isn't complete and what is missing. I would also print a FIXME about it but only show it once in total (so use a static variable).