imm: Don't crash in ImmConfigureIME when dwMode is IME_CONFIG_REGISTERWORD and lpData is NULL (resend)

Juan Lang juan.lang at
Thu Sep 18 11:28:07 CDT 2008

Hi Aric,

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Aric Stewart <aric at> wrote:
> Humm, according to MSDN:
> "If dwMode is set to IME_CONFIG_REGISTERWORD, this parameter must
> indicate a REGISTERWORD structure."

I know, yet Office clearly passes NULL:  I wrote the patch to fix a crash in it.

> If windows does not crash in this case, then maybe it would involve
> checking for the non-presence of the parameter and returning the correct
> error.

Or perhaps continuing, as my patch does.  Oh well, I guess more tests
are needed.