msvcrt: scanf fix a typo

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sat Sep 20 03:50:51 CDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 19.09.2008, 15:51 -0700 schrieb Dan Kegel:
> Here's the gcc error:
> > scanf.c:66: warning: unknown conversion type character `P' in format
> That particular error depends on gcc knowing intimate details of
> sscanf.   Unless we teach gcc about the particular sscanf we're
> implementing, it's likely to give false errors.

> See
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.2/gcc/Function-Attributes.html#Function-Attributes
> for the function attributes used to teach gcc about scanf-like format arguments.

Looks like we need to compile with -fno-builtin-sscanf, because gcc
knows the implementation of glibc's sscanf, and you explicitly have to
forbid it to use this knowledge which does not apply perfectly to
Microsofts sscanf. This (of course) is only applicable to those parts of
wine that link to msvcrt and thus use msvcrt's scanf implementation.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher