msvcrt: scanf fix a typo

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 21 05:52:02 CDT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 21.09.2008, 11:25 +0200 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
> > OK. Thanks for the pointer. I have a configure test ready that checks
> > whether the global -fno-builtin is really needed., and uses separate
> > flags otherwise. I am planning to submit it in series with a second
> > patch that checks for whether -fno-builtin-scanf is needed (check for
> > warning on "%P").
> I don't think there's any reason to make it that complex. You can just
> use -fno-builtin in all cases.

Sure I can, this was approach b I suggested. But that may be harmful to
performance, as it forbids gcc to use any knowledge about the standard
library (includes inlining of memcpy with small constant sizes or
built-in pureness annotations).

But the issue that started the discussion was: What to do about the
scanf warning? On a system that does not have wchar builtins in gcc,
currently all built-in functions are enabled. Even on these systems, we
should disable the built-in scanf to prevent the warning in the scanf
test. This need has long been unnoticed, as wchar ctype functions are
built-in on our main development platform.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher