msvcrt: scanf fix a typo

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 21 06:36:41 CDT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 21.09.2008, 13:07 +0200 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de> writes:
> > Sure I can, this was approach b I suggested. But that may be harmful to
> > performance, as it forbids gcc to use any knowledge about the standard
> > library (includes inlining of memcpy with small constant sizes or
> > built-in pureness annotations).
> If performance is an issue you most likely don't want to use msvcrt at
> all, native Unix libc will always be faster. And knowing MS, they are
> capable of adding an exception handler in memcpy someday...

I was thinking about our dll implementations. crtdll and msvcrtd both
link to msvcrt. Looking at the implementations of these DLLs, it seems
you are right. No need to not compile them with -fno-builtin.

On the other hand, regedit, taskmgr, xcopy, wordpad and notepad are
linked to msvcrt. Should that be changed?

Regards,
  Michael Karcher