[4/5] wined3d: Merge pshader_hw_map2gl() and vshader_hw_map2gl()

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 06:57:15 CDT 2008

2008/9/23 Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg231 at gmail.com>:

>> This isn't the prettiest way to merge those functions, but it's a start
>
> Will you be cleaning this up further to get rid of the huge if-else ?
> I think at least all the MOV-specific stuff should go in its own instr.
> function.
>
> Ivan

Eventually, yeah. At the moment the problem is that the pixelshader
functions essentially use their own parallel system for generating the
program. The result should in theory be the same, but it'll take some
effort to unify all that without introducing regressions. That's not
something that'll happen before WineConf. In the short term, this
patch is just preparation for making wined3d less dependent on the
actual implementation of specific shader backends.

Henri