comctl32: comboex - fix some unintialized variables

Dan Kegel dank at
Wed Sep 24 20:45:19 CDT 2008

You wrote:
> Fixes a compiler bug when using gcc-4.1

Wait- which is it, uninitialized variables (as your subject line
said), or a compiler bug (as your message said)?

If it's a compiler bug, which one?  Probably, right?

Would setting the fields to any random value work as well?

Can we instead tell the compiler to avoid the bug?
says there's no way yet to turn warnings on and off for
individual functions, sadly, but we can do it for individual files.)

A link to the bug report at, and/or a wine wiki page about
the general issue, would be helpful.