Flaky test update

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Thu Sep 25 08:56:06 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> Two tests usually failed:
>>
>> user32:msg.c 940
>> user32:input.c 756
>
> That system doesn't even *have* a mouse, so it wasn't mouse motion.
>
> As a reality check, I verified that it failed on a
> different system, idle, with no user apps and
> no user mouse or keyboard events.
> When run in a loop it failed after 75 runs; the first error was
>
> input.c:648: Test failed: 00: 12 from 00 -> 00 instead of 00 -> 80

These are all keyboard tests. They read the whole keyboard state for each
test. This means that even you pressing an enter when starting this test is
enough to make it fail. I had to use something like 'sleep 2; make test'
when I was writing it.

I think errors with extra 046 message (WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING) caused by not
processing all the messages after creating the window. I will try and use
extra message flushing from msg test.

Vitaliy.