Discussion of bug versions

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 28 18:46:17 CDT 2008

Hin-Tak Leung wrote:
> --- On Sun, 28/9/08, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> The con is actually less trouble than you think - if somebody reports
> a bug against CVS/GIT, it would be reasonable to assume that the
> report date is within a day or two compared to the git
> clone/rebase-origin date. Other use of GIT (the kernel) report-date is
> not very indicative of the state of the tree, but since only one
> person has commit-rights in wine, the report-date is a good indicator
> of a specific few commits.

There is a problem with using CVS/GIT and that is we are ASSUMING that
the version used is only a couple of days old, it could be as much as a
week old.  I prefer reports against valid and released versions as
problems found with a commit may be fixed with another corrective commit
(this has happened several times in the last year.)

+1 to NO CVS/GIT and NO CVS/GIT reporting in Bugzilla, unless we are
going to do build numbers based upon the day of build.

James McKenzie