Detecting Wine

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Mon Sep 29 20:27:53 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Juan Lang <juan.lang at> wrote:
> Not acceptable practice.  See e.g. the old faq entry:

I don't understand why this should still be the case. We have a stable
Wine now and Alexadre exported this symbol for some good reason. I
understand detecting Wine and having your application depend on
certain behaviors would be wrong with unstable versions but in a post
1.0 would this seems acceptable.

Steven Edwards