Bad patch, what's the procedure?

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 08:08:33 CDT 2008

Hi,

Kjell Rune Skaaraas wrote:
> Hello,I've submitted a patch to wine-patches for
> IWineD3DResourceImpl_GetPriority/SetPriority that's incorrect (it
> makes changes to exception.c which shouldn't be there, they were just
> part of me trying to debug something). Is there anything like a cancel
> procedure I should do, or should I just fix up the patch and submit it
> again? Oh yeah and this will teach me to read the diff more thoroughly
> next time...Regards,Kjell Rune
it really depends. If you have the revised patch ready you can reply to
your patch (to wine-patches) with the new patch and say something like
"please use this patch instead as the other one was broken". If you
still need to work on fixing the patch reply to wine-devel saying
something like "please do not apply this patch; it's broken and I'm
working on a revised patch".

bye
	michael