No subject

Tue Sep 2 11:01:37 CDT 2008

old code would skip a face that existed prior to building the new Face *
structure. The new code goes ahead and builds up a proposed Face *
before testing to see if the proposed new Face should be skipped.

It passes the font tests and notepad still runs, but I recognize that
this is a much more invasive change than I am really qualified to make.

I would appreciate others with expertise in this area reviewing this
series.  Also, if there is advice on a standard bevy of tests I could
run, I would appreciate it.  There is a fair amount of special case
logic in this function, and I know that our regression tests do not
exercise it all.