new refcount for d3d ??

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Apr 5 05:11:47 CDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 5. April 2009 11:32:38 schrieb paulo lesgaz:
> Hello,
>
> looking at the web page:
> http://www.nabble.com/d3d:-Bug-in-handling-of-depth-stencil-surfaces,-and-p
>otential-patch-td19907752.html
>
> I read that there are problems with the ref count in d3d wine
> implementation.
>
> Does there exist any plan to fix it? Or can we try to implement the Jim's
> idea about it?
I looked at this some time ago but got distracted and dropped it again.

The problem doesn't just apply to depth stencil surfaces but to all other
objects as well(buffers, textures, shaders, ...). We already keep an internal
refcount, sort of - The refcount of the wined3d object. This refcount is
already addrefed in Set*. So when the d3d9 object is released, the wined3d
one stays intact and can be used for rendering. However, things currently
fail if the app tries to retrieve the original object with a getter.

My idea was to add a callback to d3d9(and other) objects to allow wined3d
trigger the final release.