User forum thread: "how can we improve WINE?"

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 14:36:01 CDT 2009

I'm not a favor of adding options as we try to autodetect everything. Users
shouldn't touch them using winecfg in general. If you check lets say appdb
you see a lot of tutorials recommending certain options while the authors
have no idea what the options do and I have seen various tutorials where
recommended registry options make things worse. GLSL is enabled by default
and it should only be disabled in very rare cases, the same for various of
the other options.

Roderick