possible NULL dereference?

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 00:53:12 CDT 2009

Joris Huizer wrote:
> Looking at git commit dcb3e52e2dfd0d6e494164932fb2b684d463a005, it seems, passing a NULL size pointer to GetUserNameEx[AW] is likely to crash.
> You may want to test whether Windows versions crash on it, and check for it if needed.
>
> HTH, Joris

There is also another one (mentioned by Coverity) where passing a NULL
lpNameBuffer and a big enough nSize will crash. I tested that one on
W2K3 and this also crashes on W2K3.

I didn't test the NULL nSize however.

If time permits I'll add some tests and comments in the case of crashes.
  If somebody wants to be beat me to it, be my guest.

Out of curiosity, did you find this by visual inspection?

--
Cheers,

Paul.