advapi32/tests

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 04:49:52 CDT 2009

Andreas Rosenberg wrote:
> Paul Vriens wrote:
>> And the subject of the mail should be a bit more than just
> "advapi32/tests".
>
> Oops, sry. Read the second mail after resending in the patch
> containing your first suggestions.
>
> But I'm a bit confused about the meaning of todo_wine.
> todo_wine discards output from failed tests, if I understood that
> correctly. Formerly I thought the output from tests should show
> things that fail on Wine, which are things that should be fixed in Wine.
>
> What is the difference of test wrapped by todo_wine and test
> not wrapped?
>
> Regards
>   Andreas

todo_wine still runs the test on Wine but it's not counted as a failure.
You will see a message about a test being marked though (also on
test.winehq.org):

security.c:1601: Test marked todo: LookupAccountSidA() Expected account
name: paul got: INTERACTIVE

You have to run the tests locally in verbose mode though to see that
message:

../../../tools/runtest -v -P wine -M advapi32.dll -T ../../.. -p
advapi32_test.exe.so security.c

If the test within a todo_wine() for some reason succeeds it will be
marked as a failure.

--
Cheers,

Paul.